From a Johnson Language article on the Economist on splitting infinitives:
So: break the rule. And spread the word. Send one of those chain e-mails asking ten friends to send it to ten friends. Call your most conservative usage-stickler friend or family member and give them a lecture on this topic. Split an infinitive in a prominent place. Arnold Zwicky calls rules like the split-infinitive ban “zombie rules”: they’re dead, and everyone knows they are, but they keep coming back at you. Blow their heads off.
The split infinitive rule is a ZOMBIE!!!
- amibe-laurentienne likes this
- spahrtacus likes this
- digatisdi reblogged this from estifito and added:
- didyoudrinkmygingerale reblogged this from palmerlanguage
- lesserjoke reblogged this from palmerlanguage and added:
- lesserjoke likes this
- misslibrelula likes this
- palmerlanguage posted this